Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why I came to Dumaguete





This is the 6 month old son of my sponsored child, Maricar Tano. This is why I am here. I have had an incredible day with Maricar and her family. Tomorrow is shopping day.

Shopping day is when you take your sponsored child to the supermarket to buy enough food to ensure the family's health for a while. We also will buy some clothing for Maricar's children.

The photo on the top is Maricar and her entire family. Maricar's mom is next to her. In the back row is her brother Ryan (on the left) and her husband Tomas with their oldest son, Tommy.

This photo has taken more than 8 years to complete. The joy I feel cannot be reproduced by a keyboard and a screen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you took them to McDonalds instead of Jollybee!

:-)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to have this experience, and have one of your dreams come true. You look so happy. See you when you come home.

Anonymous said...

Jollybee is for next time! Steve, your face is melting... Keiko