Sunday, July 20, 2008

A time to leave

The time has come for me to leave Dumaguete. Those of you who know me, know that I am a New York cynic...born and raised. But I leave here with a heart so full of love that it will nourish me for the rest of my life. I took Maricar and her family out to dinner tonight and the love just filled the room.



I have seen the miracle that is Little Children of the Philippines (a part of Little Children of the World). I now know how just a dollar a day can alter a child's life.


Approximately $18 out of the $30 each month is given directly to the child via a bank account with LCP. The child uses it for school and travel expenses as well as food. There are also job opportunities for parents of sponsored children. They can see a doctor for 50 pesos a visit (about $1). Their family's spiritual needs are also met. There are church services held every week.


Spending a buck a day on lotto? Try spending it on a sponsored child. The odds are much better than lotto. You are a guaranteed winner. If you want to learn more about how easy it is to fill your heart with love, check out www.littlechildren.org.



1 comment:

Deb said...

Steve these kids look like my neices and nephews,they sure are lucky to have a friend like you Safe home Luv Deb